Category Archives: community

Hope…

Brintnall-2lfwc5web
Blended image by Joyce Meyer

A woman of the prairie reflects upon the past with optimistic hope for the future.

Blend of three images (Maternity image, prairie grass and wooded area) with lighting effects and lens flare added in Photoshop CC. Warmth toning also added using color balance and warming filter.

Warmth of the prairie…

Yoga-5538_Mat4lf_blenddandeweb
Blended images by Joyce Meyer ~ Manfred Township in Lac qui Parle County, Minnesota

A cold wind blows throughout the night, while snow fills the winter air. It’s warm inside my cozy home and I find myself drawn to images of dandelions basking in the warmth of the early summer sun.

Blend of three images:  Grove of trees near my house, dandelions from my lawn last summer and maternity image captured in the studio with strong backlight.  Watercolor filter, lens flare and lighting effects added with Photoshop CC.

Lone Tree on the Prairie

winter2015-9801gr3cd50web
Image by Joyce Meyer

Manfred Township ~ Lac qui Parle County ~ Minnesota ~ 2016

Peace…

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others. ~ Peace Pilgrim

5646_20x8fairydust_tx2
Image by Joyce Meyer

Yogini of the Prairie ~ Lac qui Parle County, Manfred Township, Minnesota

RJMeyerArts: 2015 in review

An October Walk in Scary Gary, SD had the most hits with the Last Wildcat Swish coming in second. Click on those links to view the top posts for RJMeyerArts.com. The video Gary, SD 2015 Turtle Races earned a fifth place spot with my first attempt at GoPro video with the camera duct taped to a turtle during competition. I’m happy with the international views this year with 88 countries hitting on RJMeyerArts.com. 

Now it’s time to plan my goals for 2016… I’m thinking of a blog post featuring the 2016 Gary, South Dakota 3rd of July Celebration.  Video? Still photography? Combination?

Hmmm… What do YOU think?

blowinthewindtimelineweb

Click here to see the complete report.

The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for this blog.

Let the sunshine in…

In the midst of short days and long nights during this Minnesota winter, I deemed it necessary to escape to a land filled with warmth and sunshine. Photoshop CC 2015 is the closest I will get to the tropics  today, so here we go:

Wanted to add a dreamy, soft and warm look to this image…

JK_3yr-5664webImage straight out of camera
My attempt at reproducing the effects of adding soft light as demonstrated in this Youtube tutorial:

JK_3yr-5664sunshine4lfwebAfter starting, stopping, starting, stopping, going back, replay, repeat, etc. I finally came to the end of the tutorial. My final result is not perfect, but I did learn some coloring effects that may come in handy in the future. You’re never too old to learn new things!